Sunday, September 04, 2022

A One-Word Wonder

 

What's The Word? | New words, Words, Three words

 

I was thinking about me

And if I could just write

One word to describe this poor old soul

And It suddenly came to light.

 

Yes, I am a one-word wonder

And if only you knew

You would quickly agree

And conclude that is true.

 

A one-word wonder

And I still wonder why

God chose this wretched one

To fit him for the sky.

 

When things become rough

As they so often do,

I would ask myself

Why me and not you?

Forget Resolutions; Choose One Word • TechNotes Blog

But regarding this one word

Which spells something good,

I thank God without ceasing

And I know I should.

 

I do not deserve it

This one-word description

But because of God’s great love

I have eternal salvation.

 

A one-word description

Of one once sin-enslaved

But by God’s wonderful grace

I am now saved.

 

Now, as in present continuous,

Though now is not a verb

But read on further, grammarians,

And you won’t think it’s absurd.

 

7 Actions to Take Now with Your One Word - Kelly R Baker

 

This one-word description

To me is especially vital

Ever since an encounter with Jesus

That gave me the title.

 

I would not be surprised

If by now you haven’t guessed

What that one word is

But it wasn’t meant to be a test.

 

In a moment I will tell you

Please don’t go away,

There’s just one thing more

That I feel I must say.

 

The title of this poem

Though particularly appropriate

Is not the actual title;

That is a fact I must state.

 

If I had started with the title

It would have lessened the impact

As well as your anticipation

And that too is a fact.

 

So, the one-word wonder

That up to now has been hidden

Comes right at the end

And it is simply: “FORGIVEN”.

 

Stewart Russell © August 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment