Monday, May 09, 2022

Thanks for Today

 

THANKS FOR TODAY | ReverbNation

 

I thank God for today’s gift:

Today’s gift is called today,

As I contemplate this precious gift

There’s much I have to say.

 

We take tomorrow for granted

And we stake its claims today

As though tomorrow is guaranteed

Especially, if today we pray.

 

But tomorrow is never promised

And it never comes any way

So, I am all the more thankful

That God has given me today.

 

We take today for granted

As though to it we are entitled

But receiving it with thankful hearts

To me is particularly vital.

 

There are many alive today

But they are not even aware;

They are lying on a hospital bed

Not knowing they are there.

 

Some of these are comatose

Some in a drug ridden state,

Some are in a drunken stupor

But none can to today relate.

 

THANKS FOR TODAY | ReverbNation

 

So, to know that today is today

For me is a precious benefit

And to display an attitude of thanks

Should be everybody’s habit.

 

Father, I give You thanks

For allowing me to see today,

Help me never to take it for granted

Or abuse it any way.

 

Stewart Russell © August 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment