Saturday, May 28, 2022

It’s You Not Me

 

Why Networking Proves The “It's Not Me, It's You” Theory » Posts | GovLoop

 

You are the problem

I trust that you see,

I get the chance to say it first

Now you say it back to me.

 

One finger pointing out

Four pointing back at me,

Now the tables are turned

That you should also see.

 

It needs reemphasizing

That you are to blame

And hopefully you’d understand

This is not a game.

 

The stakes are too high

To regard this matter lightly,

I stand to lose my dignity

And my unquestionable integrity.

 

I cannot take the blame

So, it is obvious that you must,

It’s your fault, I’m sure you see;

No need for all the fuss.

 

It’s time to move on

From where you are at,

What’s done can’t be undone

And that is a fact.

 

Don’t get in the blame game,

Acknowledge your mistake

And thank me for showing you;

Don’t be an ingrate.

 

Why Networking Proves The “It's Not Me, It's You” Theory » Posts | GovLoop

 

At the risk of laying it on

I will say it again,

It is not me that is at fault

But you are to blame.

 

Examine my humility

And apply it to yourself,

The stress will fall away from you

And improve your mental health.

 

Be thankful I am your friend

To show you your mistake,

I do so most sincerely

After all, I am not a fake.

 

By now you are highly annoyed,

In your place I would be too

But see this as my observation

I am now writing it to you.

 

Each one of you that read,

By now I hope you see

That I am now out numbered

And the “you” is really “me”.

 

Before you get too comfortable

And before you get too smug,

Remember the “me” is also “you”

And that is not so good.

 

I will end like I began

Though not quite

But as you finish reading

You’ll see a different light.

 

I am the problem

And I trust that you see,

I get the chance to say it first

Now you can say it back to me.

 

It’s Me Not You

 

Stewart Russell © July 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment