Friday, March 04, 2022

Finally

 


Bail Me Out: Bail Reform in Minnesota – East Side Freedom Library

 

I tried to believe it

But I really could not

I had covered all ends

But I still got caught.

 

Later I discovered

I was set up by a friend

A straight case of envy

And that was the end.

 

Someone came calling

And I answered the knock

On opening the door

I was confronted by a cop.

 

It made no use running

He had me good

And he read me my rights

As a good cop would.

 

For a moment or so

I considered a bluff

But before I could decide

I was in handcuffs.

 

A police car ride

And placed on remand

Then off to the Law Courts

In a new brand van.

 

Guilty as charge

Then came the sentence

Seven years hard labour

Despite my repentance.

Bail Bondsman NY - Get Out Of Jail Now! - Bail Bondsman in NY

I know I was set up

Of that I have no doubt

I was planning to settle that

When I got out.

 

However, I thought it over

And I plan to go straight

Cause this prison life

I most definitely hate.

 

Finally, I was caught

And I got my comeuppance

And all I have to show

Is a prison sentence.

 

Stewart Russell © September 7, 2021

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment