Monday, March 14, 2022

Can’t Stand Change

 

Change for the Sake of Change | Academic Briefing

 

Change, change, change!

Who wants to change?

You get accustomed to everything

And then it must be rearranged.

 

This is the familiar-

I am accustomed to this,

If I get rid of anything in my life

It would be a terrible miss.

 

Disrupt my routine?

You got to be kidding!

Change is far too demanding

I am not in the bidding.

 

“The measure of intelligence

Is the ability to change.”

So quoted Einstein

But he seemed a little strange.

 

If that is the demand

For me to be reckoned intelligent

Then such intelligence

I shall forever resent.

Change for the Sake of Change | Academic Briefing

 

Cause I can’t stand change-

It is too disruptive

Hence, any change coming way,

I will consider abusive.

 

I like my comfort zone

Plus, I am just getting the knack,

Any forced change on me now

And I am arching my back.

 

I intend to resist it

With every ounce of my strength,

To ensure that it does not work

I will go to any length.

 

What if the world goes ahead?

Well let it go ahead,

I will be happy in my little corner

Until the day I am dead.

 

I am not a world changer

And I do not need to change,

I am happy with the world as it is

To me that is not strange.

Change for the Sake of Change | Academic Briefing

Change, change, change!

Why would I want to change?

At present I am coping…

Of course, I am deranged!

 

Stewart Russell © April 7, 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment