Sunday, March 22, 2020

All in the Family




Image result for images for Grandfather, Father, Grandson

My father is my son’s grandfather,
Think with me, that’s two!

My son is my father’s grandson,
Two again, yes, that’s true!

I am my son’s father
While he is my son,
Two fathers and two sons
 Make four, that’s fun!

So far though,
 We’ve only mentioned three:
Grandfather, father and son,
Hope you see.

Image result for images for Grandfather, Father, Grandson

Or is it grandson, son and father,
This three?
Family is so mixed-up,
Which can it be?

You see, my father and my son’s grandfather
 Are one and the same.
Similarly, my son and my father’s grandson,
Yes, that’s my claim.

Started out with two.
 Suddenly four appear,
Somewhere emerges three,
Something’s not clear.

Image result for images for Grandfather, Father, Grandson

I guess we could spend all day
 Trying to figure it out,
But it’s all in the family
 And that’s what family’s about.

Stewart Russell © 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment