Thursday, March 05, 2020

Lyn



 

She picks up after me
And still washes my clothes,
What I would do without her
Only heaven knows.

She prepares my meals
Just like she did before,
Nothing has changed in the passing years
Except she loves me more.

 And it shows all the time
Even though she is human,
Believe me, she is super-duper tolerant
And never makes demands.

 

Should she ever leave me
That would be my greatest sorrow,
Thank God she is with me today
Enough about tomorrow.

Today begins another year
That she has been on this earth,
Yes, today I celebrate with her
And thank God for her birth.

I was not there when it happened
But I have the evidence it did,
For she’s my friend and soul mate
And her love is off the grid.

She still sleeps beside me
She brings balance to my bed,
No chance of me falling off
For we still sleep head to head.

Well that’s enough of our business
Now I shall close the door,
Send her a note if you love her
But note, I love her more.

 
 
Happy birthday to my wife
At the start of another year,
In spite of living with me
She still looks mighty fair.

Today I celebrate you,
This poem is my way of showing it,
I have posted it on my blog
Enjoy it, every bit.

Happy birthday to you, Lyn,
I am glad you stayed around,
You deserve many medals
For putting up with this clown.

At least I can make you laugh
Though I sometimes cause a frown,
Have a happy birthday, I say again
And may your joy be all year long.

Happy birthday, Sweetheart,
From Stewart, your adoring husband.

Stewart Russell © March 5, 2020

3 comments:

  1. Happiest of Birthdays to this amazing lady, I do not get online as much but I had to read this special and wonderfully written poem for such a special and amazing lady, may God continue to bless you always with great health, strength, wealth and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poetic skills. Belated birthday greetings to your wife.

    ReplyDelete