Friday, October 12, 2018

God Are You There?





From my earliest times
I’ve heard with my ears
But God, tell me, really,
Are you there?

I’ve read your Word
I even learned to pray
But please tell me
Are you really there?

I’ve heard of miracles
Performed here and there,
I even believed
But God, are you there?

I’ve heard evidence
In church and elsewhere,
It was most convincing
But God, are you there?

I struggle to believe
Though your Word is clear,
I wish I could know for sure
That you are there.


At times I have this feeling
That you are very near
But still the question arises
God, are you there?

Please let me know for sure
So I wouldn’t despair
And in doubt keep on asking:
God, are you there?

I know doubt is unbelief
And it gets one nowhere
But I just can’t help but ask,
God, are you there?

At times the day is long
And the night is so drear
And that’s why I must ask
If you are there.

There seems to me
So much unanswered prayer
That I can’t help but ask,
God, are you there?

I know faith is required
At least I’ve learn that here
But when things don’t add up
I must ask, “Are you there?”


All these years as a Christian
What a strange prayer!
But God, please tell me,
Are you there?

Great minds say you are not
It is just a hoax
But your Word says
That in the past you spoke.

Please speak today, God
I earnestly pray
And I wouldn’t have to ask
If you are really there.


Write across the sky
In words huge and clear,
Make it obvious to everyone
That you are there.

I am sure that everyone
Both here and everywhere
Would never ask again
God, are you there.

It’d convince the naysayers
And rid me of my fear
When I get to thinking
Maybe you are not there.

There must’ve been a beginning
To me that is clear
But I still keep asking
God, are you there.


Nothing could be responsible,
That would be weird
But I need a little more
To convince me you are there.

I know I am unreasonable
To even pray this prayer
But Lord so much is at stake
I must know you are there.

I heard your son came
And like me he lived here
But Lord I was not around
With me please bear.

People testified they saw him
I guess they were there,
So do the same for us
And please hear my prayer.

Well God, not much today
Just this simple prayer
Answer me and I won’t ask again
God, Are you there.


Dear praying one
The answer is as clear as ABC
Since the one that prayed this
Just prayed it to me.

Keep on walking my child
And keep on praying too
And one of these days
I will be in plain view.

And you won’t have to ask
If I am there any more
For then of that reality
You will be absolutely sure.

Stewart Russell © August 2018



No comments:

Post a Comment