Saturday, October 20, 2018

Brain on Pause




The greatest computer ever made
Must be the human brain,
Created to exercise intensely
It undergoes excessive strain.


It is fully functional
And can last for a hundred years,
Tucked away in a hard case
It responds to all our cares.

It is composed of hardware
And runs plenty software too,
There are limitless applications
That will change with one’s view.

Try comparing its size
With the tremendous work it does
And straightaway
One’s mind will begin to buzz.

Here is some interesting information
I actually think it is fun:
The first fully functional computer
Weighed almost fifty tons.


The only feet it had
Was its humongous size
Which amounted to 1800 square feet
Yes, I note your surprise.

A whopping 18 000 vacuum tubes
Yet it could not self-programme,
Yes and you guessed correctly
It had no operating RAM.

There are differences in opinion
Concerning the very first
But in such an argument
We need not become immersed.

Just to make the point though
And to make it very plain
No manmade computer
Even comes close to the brain.

  
This is another reason
For my personal conviction,
There must be a supreme designer
Behind its creation.

If you are not a supporter
Of the first Genesis clause
I dare say my friend
Your brain must be on pause.

It is amazing how we think
Or put another way don’t think at all
And attribute all of this to evolution
My friend I am appalled.

I agree there’s been evolution
But not at the genesis,
Someone set it in train
Or I have missed my guess.

The first Computer in the world , ENIAC - YouTube

We can go back to the first computer
And agree that it evolved
But regarding its origin
This has been clearly resolved.

A human brain was responsible
Everyone would agree,
Thank God for the human brain
Since at least that we can see.

Yet the same brain that we use
To come to such a conclusion
We put it on pause
As we reject its creation.

“It’s not scientific,” we say
“For it falls short of the mark.
The only possible way it could happen
Is through an evolutionary  start.”

Brain on pause I suggest my friend
Brain on pause indeed,
Just like when we’re thrown off line
Having lost out Internet feed.

Hastily shut off your computer
And then reboot again,
No not your laptop my friend
I mean your forgotten brain.


To believe what you can’t believe
However hard you try
Is to believe that you are a bird
And that you can fly.

To believe that you are a bird
Does not make you one
So time to take the brain off pause
And switch its computer back on.

In the beginning God!
That is the first Genesis clause,
If you haven’t accepted this my friend
Then your brain is still on pause.

Stewart Russell © June 2018



No comments:

Post a Comment