Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Can We Be Sure?




Can we be absolutely sure
Concerning what we believe?
If only I could know that
I would be relieved.

You believe there is a God
I believe that too
But how can I be absolutely sure
That is really true?

If faith is the evidence
Of things not seen
How can I really be sure
God is more than my dream?

If I can not see God
With my physical eyes,
How can I believe
Though the Bible says He is nigh?



The just shall walk by his faith:
That’s what I am trying to do
But how can I know for sure
That God is really true?

Perhaps you criticize me
And think I am slack
That after all of these years
My faith still has lack.

But I will tell you this
Whether you believe it or not,
Concerning God’s Word
I believe every tittle, every jot.


On this side of Glory
I may be sometimes unsure
But God gives faith for my journey
And He gives so much more.

I don’t have to prove anything
Why I believe in God,
But to manifest His love
And to spread Christ abroad.
  
I take great confidence
In what He has said to me
And that becomes my assurance
As I walk with Him daily.

He says, "I am with you,
I will help your unbelief,
Continue to walk in My Spirit
And I will bring you relief.

And when the moments come
That doubt clogs up your mind,
Continue believing my child,
I have been there all the time.

There’re times you will feel me
And there’re times you won’t
But don’t go by your feelings,
My child, please don’t!


All I ask is that you trust me
Even when there appears no trace
And you’ll be absolutely sure
When you see me face to face."

Stewart Russell © October 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment