Sunday, October 21, 2018

A Prayer Request




Lord, hide me in your pavilion
Never let me stray,
And protect me from myself
Keep me in the way.

For my desires have gone askew
And the enemy temps me sore,
Shield me from destruction
Protect me more and more.


For in you Lord, I put my trust
I know I am safe with you,
I can always trust your word
For your word is always true.

The arm of flesh has failed me
I dare not trust my own,
My confidence, Lord, is in you
I trust in you alone.

Peril is nigh on every hand
It matters not where I be,
The devil hounds me day and night
My death he wants to see.


But Lord, in faith I look to Thee
Help Thou my unbelief,
As I wrestle with the flesh
Let your Spirit be my relief.

I know in you I cannot fail
Though I may stumble and fall,
Such an occasion is temporary
For you are my all in all.


Keep your love within my heart
Help me spread it abroad
So that others may come to you
And your glorious name extol.

Help me to comfort others
With the comfort you comfort me
That regardless of the outcome
We will continue to trust in Thee.

Stewart Russell © September 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment