Saturday, September 12, 2015

Brain Wondering and Mind Wandering


Riddle-me-ree: A powerful way to nurture your child's thinking

Can you guess this riddle?
Can you reach beyond the scribble?
Can you sift through my dribble?
And find something describable?

What is it you know that you do not know?
Or what is it you do not know that you know?
Could these really be one and the same?
Or are they different in our little game?

Do you know the answer to every question?
If not then you know that you do not know.
If on the other hand you think that you do,
You’re either God or a fool; you know which is true.


Stewart Russell © 2014


Riddle-me-ree: A powerful way to nurture your child's thinking


My father is my son’s grandfather,
Think with me, that’s two!

My son is my father’s grandson,
Two again, yes, that’s true!

I am my son’s father while he is my son,
Two fathers and two sons make four, that’s fun!

So far though, we’ve only mentioned three:
Grandfather, father and son, hope you see.

Or is it grandson, son and father, this three?
Family is so mixed-up, what can it be?

You see my father and my son’s grandfather are one and the same.
Similarly my son and my father’s grandson, yes, that’s my claim.

Started out with two suddenly four appear,
Somewhere emerges three, something’s not clear.

I guess we could spend all night trying to figure it out,
But it’s all in the family and that’s what family’s about.


Stewart Russell © 2012



Riddle-me-ree: A powerful way to nurture your child's thinking
 
I sometimes wonder about this world
Turning on its axis; around the sun it twirls
People standing on the top and bottom
And all along the side
Why they don’t fall off I really can’t decide.

Take a simple ball; look at it carefully
All along the sides place people specifically
Up top they stand with heads held upright
At the bottom it’s opposite, what a fright!

Sticking out along the side lying all around
As the earth takes a spin they should tumble down
I hear you say that gravity keeps us on the crust
But take a picture of my ball and tell me what to trust.


Stewart Russell © 2014



Riddle-me-ree: A powerful way to nurture your child's thinking 
 
“I did not commit the crime,”
I argued, “I only attempted.”
“The attempt is as good as the act,”
Said the judge, “So you cannot be exempted.”

“Two hundred dollars forthwith,
You had better pay the fine
Or a large residence awaits you
Where you will be confined.”

Reaching into my side pocket
I flipped out a number of notes;
Attempting to hand them to the court
I withdrew with the following quote.
  
“I trust you see my genuine act,
That law should work for me;
I attempted to pay the fine
Now you need to set me free.”

“How right you are,” replied the judge,
“I do most certainly agree.
I’ll just count the money first
And then you may go free.”


Stewart Russell © 2015



Riddle-me-ree: A powerful way to nurture your child's thinking
 
It is true that LIME can inhibit FLOW
But is it true that FLOW limits LIME?
We will know in a couple years or so
When nothing has changed over time.

For all your LIME and FLOW needs,
And for the slowest Internet speeds,
Get LIME and in your getting get FLOW!
One is as slow as the other, you’ll know.

LIME and FLOW is a fork in the road,
Any one will surely add to your load,
In fact both are one and the same,
Re-branding is just a ploy in the game.

For those who changed LIME to FLOW
Started out fast but then became SLOW;
A short while after they joined together
To create a serious LIME FLOW bother.

LIME and FLOW, two Internet providers
Engaged in a fight for Internet supremacy,
But the epic battle became in a no decider
And now the two comprise a monopoly.


Stewart Russell © 2015




No comments:

Post a Comment