Tuesday, September 08, 2015

The Lamb that Shepherds Sheep

 
Behold, the Lamb of God – Daily Virtue
 
I know a lamb that shepherds sheep,
A shepherd that never ever sleeps,
Watches over sheep night and day,
Guides and directs them all the way.

This is a lamb that takes sins away,
“Come unto me,” I heard him say,
Sins red like scarlet shall be as snow,
“My sheep know me and them I know.”
 
 
Image result for Images of the lamb of God that takes away sins


Strange it may seem but oh so true,
This lamb died for both me and you,
Slain on a cross at Mount Calvary,
This wonderful lamb did die in agony.

How the roles were turned around!
Lamb shepherds sheep is not sound,
But Jesus Christ the lamb that was slain
Rescued this sheep, removed all blame.

View with me this interesting paradox,
Lamb shepherds sheep is out of the box,
Shepherd, sheep, lamb the order that be,
The lamb, shepherd, sheep the order I see.
 
There is another wonder I will show,
This lamb is a lion too, yes!  This is so.
The Lion of Judah of the Israelite tribe
In the Bible that’s how he is described.

This lamb is the door; sheep may go in,
This lamb is the light where all was dim,
The ‘I Am’ he is, the bright morning star,
The bread of life, he is way beyond par.

This lamb is Prophet, Priest and King,
The Lamb about whom the angels sing,
King of all creation, the Wonder is he,
Gave his life that his sheep may be free.

Image result for images of the way the truth and life


This lamb is the way, the truth and life,
Closer to us than any husband or wife,
Closer to us than any sister or brother,
Sent to the sheep by the heavenly Father.
  
All we like sheep have gone astray,
We all determined to go our own way;
In God’s own time this lamb showed up,
Pain and suffering was his bitter cup.

Image result for images of the lamb slain before the earth began


  This lamb slain before the earth began,
This lamb at the heart of the Father’s plan;
Scattered sheep with no shepherd’s care,
Jesus was the way to bring them near.

Thus the way to the foal this lamb directs,
Sheep of all kind and even the rejects,
He calls them by name, they all respond,
Ushered from night to bright new dawn.

Oh what an amazing phenomenon!
A lamb saved sheep from damnation;
Oh what a redemptive rescue mission,
The Lamb of God that brings salvation!
 
This lamb is my shepherd, yes! I can say,
Is he yours?  He wants to be today.
Listen to his voice; don’t turn him away,
Make the lamb your shepherd without delay.


Stewart Russell © 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment