Saturday, September 05, 2015

Who I Am in Christ

Image result for images of born again


I am born again
Freed from sin’s stain
I am gloriously saved
By the life that Christ gave

I am a new creation
Enjoying great salvation
I’ve been bought with a price
Living my life in Christ

The old has gone
And the new has dawned
I am one of a kind
And renewed in my mind

Christ lives within me
In him I am free
I am alive in him
No slave to sin

Regenerated and renewed
With a transformed view
Redeemed by his grace
With a change in my taste

I am daily blessed
Though battling stress
Confronting the tests
But enjoying His rest

Freed from Eden’s shame
Though I was to blame
Now I’ve been reclaimed
Alive in my Jesus’ name

Bombarded by sin still
Yet devoted to His will
My life a constant thrill
At times a bitter pill

Once entangled in sin’s strife
Now walking in newness of life
Conformed in his likeness
Falling prey to sin less
  
I am free from condemnation
I am God’s own possession
His son and a royal prince
Ever His I am convinced

I am a part of Christ’s body
The Church, that spiritual unity
I now possess a new heart
Ever since that wondrous start

Once for heaven not even fit
Now a journey in the Spirit
To a home prepared for me
There to live eternally

Evil and sin are still present
As I live in this old tent
But I am freed from sin’s penalty
And am declared not guilty

I am more than a conqueror
I rejoice in Christ my Saviour
Who guides in my behavior
And empowers my endeavour
 
Image result for images for a sheep of His fold


I am a sheep of his fold
A lamb he has made bold
I am loved, forgiven, secure
His shed blood makes me pure

I am adopted and justified
Redeemed and reconciled
I am filled with joy and peace
What an absolute relief!

Truly saved, truly forgiven
And on my way to heaven
Not a fear of being lost
Knowing Jesus paid the cost

A sinner once but saved by grace
Now a saint in that holy place
Praising God from day to day
Trusting him come what may


Stewart Russell © 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment