Thursday, July 30, 2015

4 P's in the Marriage Pod




Image result for images for marriage

“Young man complete schooling,”
Was my parents’ constant ruling;
“Now’s not the time to be courting
And with young ladies flirting.”

So finished my schooling I did
Job secured time to make a bid,
Grown up but alone was my plight,
From creation this was not right.

Christian I was travelling along
On life’s journey lacking in song,
Someone with whom to rejoice
I needed then to make my choice.

Coming to this fork in the road
I determined to jettison the load,
On one side the girl of my dream
The next was heaven-sent queen.

Go with God the obvious move
Yet I took some time to choose,
However I believe I chose right,
Heaven sent queen is my delight.

From the plight to the pleasure
Wife of my youth, my treasure,
Joy of my life and at my leisure
Eyes only for her and not another.

She filled my eyes, my heart too
And pledged a love forever true,
A wonderful pleasure was mine
My sweetheart was one of a kind.

Oh those nights with such romance
I had to be dreaming or in a trance,
Days filled with music and of dance
All my life she fervently enhanced.

Too good to last I’ve heard some say,
Do continue was my sincere prayer,
But two is company and three a family
Next thing you know, the first baby.
  
All of a sudden things really changed,
My married life became rearranged,
Once first but relegated to second,
Too good to last I was forced to reckon.

One two three and another baby
This time a girl boss number three,
The romantic two now a family of four,
Once flying high now flat on the floor.

From plight to pleasure now pressure,
Three battling for my time and leisure,
Little time for me, my freedom gone,
Pressure every day starting at dawn.

Bills to be paid the family to feed
Finance dwindling increasing need,
Moon sprung a leak honey drained out
And oh the times I felt I would shout.

Sometimes work was a consolation
Time from home and this confusion,
Those two brats and their intrusion
Into our space and invading our union.

When there came a time to pause
I would remember that I was the cause.
Two of those times of ecstatic pleasure
Resulted in who interrupted my leisure.

The wife too was a willing accomplice
In children both of us had an interest,
It wasn’t to say we were unprepared,
This was God’s plan too so we adhered.

As I contemplated our marital state
The quarrels and unresolved debate,
It seemed to me marriage is mystique
But to us our challenges are not unique. 

Note, roses bloom among many a thorn,
Marriage can blossom amidst the scorn,
And at times when distraught and forlorn
Remember hope from distress oft is born.

The promise made is really two-fold
When once we stand at that altar bold
To pledge our love before God on high,
The one He gave we should never deny.

For that promise was more than a creed,
Through us God would raise godly seed,
And so reflect His love in all the earth
For outside of Him marriage has no worth.

Therefore cherish the bride of your youth,
Many quarrels between tongue and tooth,
Yet they both exist together in one orifice
When one is absent it is sorely missed.

Marriage like life has its ups and downs
There are many smiles but also frowns,
Ultimately we should reflect God’s love
And bring heaven to earth from up above.

At the top of the cycle there is the plight
Soon comes the pleasure with delight,
Pressure will come and that is a fact
But remember the promise, get right back.
 
For God works in us for His good pleasure
Supporting us with inexhaustible treasure,
As leaders in our family he fits us to stand
For society depends on each family strand.

Plight and pleasure, the fight then delight,
Pressure and promise always keep in sight,
The marriage reality, four peas in a pod,
The Christian family must stand up for God.

Stewart Russell © 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment