Thursday, July 30, 2015

Meeting Blessings!

Today I met a Blessing
Then two, then three, then four!
I then said: "Thank You, Father!"
And He sent me of Blessings even more.

My feet were shod!
My face was washed!
My drinking water clean!
And, best of all surprises, my oft' cruel boss 
Wasn't today even mean! 

Much Thankfulness now filled my Heart
Oh, how I blessed The Lord
And on the wing of bird song
I felt my heart raise a chord: 


Blessings are Mine
From the Hand of the Divine!
I have no need to Repine for
All God's Blessings are truly Mine!

I felt triumphantly happy!
I tapped my foot - I was glad!
No one could burst my bubble
Even if they behaved like pinching crabs!

I trust my God - He's faithful! 
I trust my God - He's my friend! 
I trust my God to carry me
Until this Life shall end!

God is no commodity trader!
He's no banker grand and elite
And He definitely is no ghost rider 
Fooling me from under a white sheet!

I may not see His face 
But I feel His Love and his hand every day
And as long as I am able
I will to Him bow, and say my Prayers: 


Thank You, Lord for food and health!
Thank You, Lord for my needs - not worldly wealth!
 Let me always in You confide, and 
Please, forever, in my Heart abide. 
Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment