Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Christmas Preparations

 

How To Prepare For Christmas: 9 Tips For Getting Ready for Christmas

 

I feel like I’m far behind

Cause the lights aren’t up yet

And I really need to speed up

Before wifey gets vex.

 

My job is to put them up

And also, to take them down,

But I notice unlike the norm

I don’t see them around.

 

It is she who packs them

And she that puts them away,

It is she that puts them out

And she who has the say.

 

Most go on the outside

Unlike what we did before,

That is what we did last Christmas

And we’ll do it again for sure.

 

How To Prepare For Christmas: 9 Tips For Getting Ready for Christmas

 

Today is the thirteenth

With another eleven days to go

And at #11 Callenders Gardens

There are no lights on show.

 

Solar is the way to go

Particularly at this time

Given the way electricity outages

Are Playing on our mind.

 

And while I am at it

Let me send BL&P a note:

These recent outages we’re having

Is really not a joke.

 

We want a lighted Christmas

That everyone can enjoy

And cutting our electricity supply

Would not be a good ploy.

 

Things are really brown

I am sure you can see that,

We don’t want a lights-out Christmas

Going from brown to black.

 

6 Best Solar Christmas Lights of 2023, According to Testing

 

Of course, in considering this,

We invested in solar lights

So that even if the electricity is cut

The garden will still be bright.

 

Last year was the first time

And these lights worked very well,

I trust when wifey takes them out

Everything will be swell.

 

Hopefully by this weekend

The lights will be up and glowing,

It’s no use buying Christmas lights

And not have them showing.

 

That is all for now

Re my Christmas preparations,

As you go about your own

Please do so with caution.

 

Stewart Russell © December 12, 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment