Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Preparations Revisited

 

Christmas List: Best Checklist for Getting Xmas Organised in 2023


This is an interesting run-up

To Christmas I mean,

Pushing everything last minute;

That’s how it seems.

 

I had promised by weekend

The lights would be up

But guess what my reader friend,

No such luck.

 

The boxes were taken down

But remain on the floor,

The wife has made sure of this

But I have done no more.

 

You may say I am not fussy

But that is not true,

I’m as Christmas fussy as anyone

And that includes you.

 

As you very well know

It’s my favourite time

But it’s difficult to work outside

With rain on one’s mind.

 

It is just one of those things,

Usually difficult to explain

But on this particular occasion

I can blame the rain.

 

 Forecasters predict possible flooding in the Caribbean this Christmas -  Barbados Today

 

Notice how it is raining?

Three straight days!

Spoiling Christmas preparations

In every which way.

 

The sun is now peeping out

From behind a cloud

But I believe it is warning us

Of a coming rain shroud.

 

There was a plan for today

To mowed the grass

But I am skeptical right now

This will come to pass.

 

And even if this happens

I can’t put up the lights,

I will have to wait for tomorrow

If it is sunny and bright.

 

 

I am particularly thankful

I did not have to shop,

Much thanks to our son, Michael,

He filled in that spot.

 

We have done some cleaning

In side of the house

So, regarding a certain person,

That’s one less grouse.

 

A VAT free day is promised

But that’s not for me,

I am allergic to shopping crowds

When they get crazy.

 

I have absolutely no doubt

This will be the case

So, Everton and Violet’s child

Won’t leave this place.

 

How To Prepare For Christmas: 9 Tips For Getting Ready for Christmas

 

Let me admonish you again

As I did in a recent poem,

Please be careful whatever you do,

Don’t be a problem.

 

Life will go on, I assure you

After Christmas day,

But certainly not your own life

If you throw it away.

 

Please be careful

As you go about your business

And pursue your unfinished plans

Without undue risk.

 

We wish you’ll be around

To celebrate Christmas day,

To prepare for and cannot enjoy it

Is not the way.

 

Stewart Russell © December 19, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment