Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Stupidity

 

Bonhoeffer's Theory of Stupidity - YouTube

 

Stupidity is on the rise,

Please tell me why,

That we are highly educated

I cannot deny.

 

Yet stupidity is rising

And at a very fast pace

And the rights that we desire

Are a disgrace.

 

The right to live a lie

Because of how we feel

And the right to be accepted

Based on our zeal.

 

The right to be me

And to do as I please

And face no repercussions

When others I squeeze.

 

To be tolerated

When I am intolerant

And to be viewed as different

When I am errant.

 

The right to misbehave

And get on really bad

Especially during festive times

Being merry and glad.

 

The right to any gender

If my birth-gender I refuse

And the right to change gender

As often as I choose.

 

Stupidity is stupidity

Only when done by a fool

But if the academic does it

It’s the golden rule.

 

It’s here I introduce

The great Mark Twain

Regarding advice that he gave

To them that are sane. 

 

56 Mark Twain Quotes About Life, Love and Courage

 

This may seem jovial

But note the gravity here,

When stupidity takes over

Wisdom disappears.

 

Stupidity revels in a lie

But frowns on truth

And will find incredible ways

To source its proof.

 

For every single fact

Has an opposing non-fact

And where truth tightens up

Lies makes slack.

 

It used to be clear-cut

This matter of truth

But since reason went to sleep

Stupidity hit the roof.

 

It is a staple diet

For which many clamour

Instead of the godly-wisdom

They now hammer.

 

There is no doubt

Stupidity is on the rise,

And it is right out in the open

No longer disguised.

 

When stupid is sense

And sense becomes stupid,

We are not going down stream

We are over the rapids.

 

I fear for our children

In this senseless society

When deception is everything

And wisdom is stupidity.

 

Stewart Russell © October 17, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment