Tuesday, October 17, 2023

A Skeptic

 

Michael Shermer quote: I'm a skeptic not because I do not want to...

 

I am a Christian believer

But a skeptic,

Give me the facts,

No tricks!

 

Bible commentaries

Fraught with views,

Similar with the news media-

Little news.

 

How can I decide

When in so much doubt?

Like the skeptic I am,

I throw it all out.

 

If you want info

Get to the source,

Propaganda is not truth

But a powerful force.

 

It was rife

Re the COVID pandemic

And “we following the science”

Did the trick.

 

Those for the vaccine

And those opposed

All “followed the science”

Though scientific foes.

 

The masses had to go

One way or the other-

A virtual Hobson’s choice,

What a bother!

 

Propaganda Postcards From World War I and II - WSJ

 

The major issues

Of our world today

Are really not about truth,

Propaganda holds sway.

 

What to believe?

I truly do not know

Except, when I am in doubt,

To the Bible I go.

 

Not a commentary,

Not a YouTube link

But the Holy Word of God,

And I think.

 

An open mind-

An absolute necessity

But closed to the Holy Spirit

And his leadership.

 

How Worldview Precedes Cultural Development | Crescent International |  Monthly News Magazine from ICIT

 

Every single skirmish

And every single issue

Is really little about the news

And more about views.

 

That is why I say

I am a skeptic,

I don’t know what to believe

Either way I’m tricked.

 

Turmoil in my mind,

A tumult at my ear,

I was told only recently

Believe not all I hear.

 

I had been informed

The teachers knew

But this was not the news

Just another view.

 

If two teachers know

Then “teachers” knew,

A few in fact may have known

The others, not a clue.

 

We assume

Everyone shoots for a hit

But knowing the target

Is the trick.

 

Some shoot, be aware,

To actually miss

But they know better than most

Where the target is.

 

Premium Photo | Beautiful white swan swimming on a pond

 

I am not privy

To a lot that goes on,

Feet move at a hectic pace

Hence, a graceful swan.

 

What’s on the surface

Is different beneath

And an innocent looking face

Does not reveal a thief.

 

Try the spirits

See if they are of God,

This world, fellow believers,

Are full of frauds.

 

There’s a bit of fraud

In every one of us,

If you are the exception

I won’t fuss.

 

You’re not the reason

Why I am a skeptic

But all those in authority

That are up to tricks.

 

Using our children

As virtual blockades,

Lambs to the slaughterers

Trick in trade.

 

Causing them trauma

Though well intended,

Just didn’t think it through

And the plot upended.

 

Newcomers' Guide: North Pole vs South Pole Expeditions » Explorersweb

 

No accountability

And no heads will roll,

Those in authority are as fixed

As the north pole.

 

I have to be a skeptic,

I can’t be otherwise,

There is so much around me

Draped in disguise.

 

If I close my eyes

You can’t see I can’t see,

The wisdom of the ignorant-

What a fool I be!

 

Played for a fool,

Tricked once again,

Fooled me once fooled me twice

I’m the problem.

 

But it was so real

I couldn’t help but panic,

And in the final analysis

I was the one tricked.

 

Now, I am a skeptic,

Every shadow a man,

I am unloading both barrels

Let all be damned!

 

A world by design!

Do you see what I mean?

I am forced to be a skeptic

And learn how to scheme.

 

Why You Shouldn't Hold Your Cards Close to Your Chest

 

Holding my cards

Very close to my chest,

Not one of you has to know

I’m a traumatized mess.

 

Some students say,

They were traumatized

But it was very difficult to tell

Given all the disguise.

 

Don’t you forget

This was a simulation

And there were many actors

Doing demonstrations.

 

So, why not the students

Getting in on the act?

After all, it is clear, at least to me,

They’re not part of the pact.

 

It’s about them

But they must not know,

Far more important players

Must be on show.

 

Note the thread

That is running through,

I must be a skeptic,

How about you?

 

Stewart Russell © October 14, 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment