Thursday, October 26, 2023

It's Revelation

 

Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to him, to  show to his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent  and signified it by his

 

 

I thought it was Hebrews

But not so anymore,

Those who think it is Hebrews

That’s traditional folklore.

 

What is it he talking about?

I thought you’d never ask,

Let me share the facts with you;

That’s not a difficult task.

 

I always used to contend

Hebrews was the Old Testament

Just like Isaiah, in my view,

Reads like the New Testament.

 

Regarding OT references

I thought Hebrews was the book

But three books score higher

When I took a closer look.

 

The Bible, Evolution, and Grace - Articles - BioLogos

 

For Hebrews it was 42

While Matthew’s 45 was 3 more,

Romans’ 58 was a surprise to me

Being the highest score.

 

That was according to a study

That included ten books,

It appeared to me there and then

Revelation was overlooked.

 

So, I probed a little deeper

And discovered a little more,

Revelation topped the list

With a whopping 184.

 

A third study revealed

There were actually 278

And that this was out of 404 verses

Signified something great.

 

Of the 184 OT references

Isaiah accounts for 49,

Daniel accounts for 34

And 31 puts Ezekiel next in line.

 

Structure of the Book of Revelation » Christian Truth Center

 

Revelation was a letter

About what was soon to take place,

It was written to seven churches

And this can be easily traced.

 

These churches were located

On a circuitous route

And from Ephesus to Laodicea

Numbered seven in the group.

 

The churches were to prepare:

The wrong they must put right

For to neglect the instruction given

Would add to their plight.

 

That Revelation is mostly past

I am now particularly sure

And given its many OT references

I am convinced even more.

 

Stewart Russell © August 9, 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment