Friday, October 27, 2023

Sleep Could Wait

 


Bored man working with computer lazy male Vector Image

 

 

Trying to write a poem

Head bowing with sleep

Barely making it

Vision narrowed to a peep

 

Thinking what to write

Really should lie down

Thoughts in the head

Just going round and round

 

Sitting next to the bed

So easy to just jump in

But fighting sleep

With brain still thinking

 

It is eleven past four

Time’s really flying

There’s no use denying

My head is still bowing

 

I am still wondering

Where this poem is gong

In the drowsy state

I have no way of knowing

 

Bored man working with computer lazy male Vector Image

 

But I will stick in there

Something will come out

And it will be of value

Of that I have no doubt

 

I have a word for you

What it is I do not know

Just have patience with me

It will eventually flow

 

It is so very amazing

Writing much about nothing

That’s what I have done

I must be joking

 

Don’t stop reading now

It is almost there

I can sense something coming

Though it is not clear

 

In the end you will be glad

You read right through

If you were in this predicament

I would have stayed with you

 

Not quite as sleepy now

It is four: twenty-four

Thirteen minutes have gone

Something’s at the door

 

It’ll come out any moment

Just you bear with me

Read on a few more verses

And you’ll be sure to see

 

Bored man working with computer lazy male Vector Image

 

 

An exercise in patience

It’s the only way to learn

It is waiting for the outcome

For which you yearn

 

So I will keep my promise

If you will just wait

In another verse of so

I will be able to state

 

Verse number fifteen

Stay a mite longer

In the very next verse

You will no more wonder

 

Here is that information

Just like I promised

You are better at patience

It’s gone higher on your list.

 

Stewart Russell © February 2019

 

No comments:

Post a Comment