Wednesday, September 13, 2023

It Hot Man!


 

 86 Degrees… INSIDE! | Modern Southern Belle

 Gosh man!

All ya feeling this heat?

Even in the shade

It is also tweaked.

 

Nobody can tell me

It isn’t hotter these days,

You can almost count

The sun’s rays.

 

Before ten o’clock

I am seeing 90 degrees

And whatever you do

There is little ease.

 

People are saying

These are the last days,

Someone needs to invent

An air condition spray.

 

I sat by the window

No wind was blowing,

I went out in the patio

It was almost glowing.

 

Bajan Mauby Drink Recipe

 

Drinking cold

Only stirring up the heat

And uh feeling miserable

From head to feet.

 

Wherever I go

There is heat for so

And I am sharing this with you

But I know you know.

 

I ate some ice,

For a while that was nice:

One block at a time

And I did this thrice.

 

I feel like going again

But I can’t be bother,

Just to get up and walk

Is a serious matter.

 

St. Nicholas Abbey And Heritage Railway - Island Routes

 

I was invited

To go on a train ride

But I instantly decided

I am staying inside.

 

My daughter called

And reprimanded me,

She is now my parent

I hope you see.

 

But she could talk

That is her mouth,

The rest could go north

I am staying south.

 

I know how I feel

At this time of year,

They could talk all they want

I just don’t care.

 

This heat is killing

And literally so,

Maybe not in Barbados

But in countries I know.

 

Heat wave: Why you need an air purifier to improve air quality at home

 

The mercury is rising

Every single day

And staying indoors

Is the best way…

 

To combat this heat

And to stay alive,

And you’d better believe

I am not talking jive.

 

It is now 5:48 PM

And it is still hot,

86 degrees on the computer-

Cool it is not.

 

 86 Degrees… INSIDE! | Modern Southern Belle

 

Just four degrees down

From ninety today,

That’s why going shirtless

Has been my way.

 

In wide open spaces

As well as in close,

The heat has been dealing me

Serious blows.

 

Still two more months

I have to endure,

Not a good prospect,

I need a cure.

 

Even at nights

When I am sleeping,

I often wake up feeling

I am overheating.

 

September 2021 Events eNews - Les Turner ALS Foundation 

6:25 PM

 

It is hot, man

And I mean this heat!

And this is one of the reasons

Why Christmas is a treat.

 

It is cold and nice

Not hot and scorching

And the only heat is the oven

And lights glowing.

 

Stewart Russell © September 12, 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment