Saturday, September 16, 2023

Taking Offence


We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Do you  agree? | Battison's Blog

Please do not take offence

I do not mean any,

I just want to share with you

What I heard recently.

 

It seems people offend me

Only when I take offence

And I show I am taking offence

When I go on the defense.

 

Sounds highly spiritual

But this is difficult to swallow

And I will go even further to say

It is somewhat shallow.

 

Don’t use this I beg you

To excuse your bad behavior

Because to me it is false pretense

Under which you labour.

 

Offended that your offended by me taking offense at your offensive" Poster  for Sale by Express Yourself TMarket | Redbubble

 

Few walk around, I'd argue,

Just looking to take offence,

Not if it does not concern them,

No, it doesn’t make sense.

 

I would agree, however,

That some are rather thin-skinned

And therefore, the slightest thing

Is treated as very grim.

Taking offence | Mind The Care Training


A bounce could be major

And a harsh word, more severe,

Never mind serious infractions

That would be harder to bear.

 

Yes, I take offence,

When wrong is done to me

Even though I soon put it aside

Without an apology.

 

Apologies are meaningless

If not from the heart,

And demanding one of someone

Is playing a fool’s part.

 

It is only an offence

When one puts a meaning to it,

Yes, with certain things I do agree

But with others, not a bit.

 

No offense but . . . – Lancer Spirit Online

 

It also gives you leverage

To treat me however you like

Since I should never take offence

However severe or slight.

 

I am all for conciliation

And a willingness to forgive

But to pretend not to take offence

Is likely to be short lived.

 

If you pass and do not speak,

That’s not a major worry

But please help me to understand

You are not just unmannerly.

 

If you are unmannerly

This is the behaviour I’d expect

But if something was on your mind

Unmannerly I’d reject.

 

We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Do you  agree? | Battison's Blog

 

Communication is important

And thus, having taken offence,

I would get the proverbial ball rolling

In this particular instance.

 

Hence, allow me to take offence

At least as a means of resolution

Rather than sending a false signal

That just creates confusion.

 

So, no offence meant

And I trust that none was taken

But if there were in any way,

I ask to be forgiven.

 

Stewart Russell © September 9, 2023

 


No comments:

Post a Comment