Sunday, August 21, 2022

In the Cross I Glory

 

What Christ Did for Us - Focus on the Family

 

I will glory in the cross

On which Christ’s blood was shed

I will walk the path he trod

And by his hand be led

 

And though I murmur and complain

I will walk with him each day

For when all is said and done

There is no better way

 

Christ’s cross not the crucifix

Shall be my abiding light

And when I’m down and feeling lost

He will guide my steps aright

 

I will never be ashamed

Of the cross and what it means

Daily I will gaze there on

And reflect on its saving theme

 

How Is Jesus the “Glory of God”? - Names of Jesus

 

It is through his selfless sacrifice

That today I live in him

Freely pardon and liberated

From the debilitating power of sin

 

Like an emaciated wimp was I

Prone to Satan’s charm

Falling for his enticing deals

Ignorant of their spiritual harm

 

But one day the cross loomed great

And on it I saw the Christ

Crucified in my stead he was

For my sin and all my vice

 

I should have been crucified I thought

As I recalled that song

I am the one that should have died

Since Christ had done no wrong

 

But my death could not have sufficed

For the sins of all the world

It required the life of the sinless one

That of Christ the Living Word

 

My death could not even have covered

The sins that I commit

But God chose to judge His Son

And the cross was His remit

 

Men have argued about its shape

Whether a cross or stake

Such is of no consequence to me

Compared to my sinful state

 

I concur with the songwriter

And I need no other argument

It was on some tree that Jesus died

And my salvation was his intent

 

How Is Jesus the “Glory of God”? - Names of Jesus

 

I will glory in his cross

Hewed from some forgotten tree

For ‘twas on that cross that Jesus died

He died for you and me

 

I will glory in his cross

The remains of which cannot be found

For my sins have all been washed away

And now I am glory bound

 

I will glory in his cross

For one day I will see his face

The one who paid sin’s price for me

Nailed to that cross in my place

 

I will glory in his cross

For there is nothing better to do

His life for mine, my life to him

My brother and sister, how about you?

 

Stewart Russell (c) February 2019

 

No comments:

Post a Comment