Sunday, August 07, 2022

Not Geniuses but Genesis

 

Everybody is a genius : The DONG-A ILBO

 

Many have written

On how the world began,

In science and in philosophy

They’ve come with a plan.

 

They have been regarded

As geniuses and greats

And many walked in the past

While some, here of late.

 

One in particular

On whom many still depend

Was said to have reneged

As his life neared its end.

 

He, among many others

Has been titled genius

And the brilliance they manifested

Still baffles us.

 

Their many achievements

And the many lettered titles

Are regarded as evidence

That is considered vital.

 

What is evolution?

 

They knew their subject:

That’s evolution, of course,

As recorded in the print media

And in our schools enforced.

 

Beginning with no beginner

Other than Big Bang

Whom I’ve met many times;

I can still hear his clang!

 

Two opposing forces

Or at sometimes, side by side,

Or going in the same direction

Still somehow collide.

 

11 Things to Do After a Car Accident

 

Big Bang may be the result

But it is never the cause,

At this point I say to the geniuses

It is time that you pause.

 

Which report will you take:

Big Bang or the Word?

Regarding the geniuses and Genesis:

Which one is absurd?

 

A beginning with a Beginner

Or a beginning with a Big Bang?

Upon which of the above

Does your worldview hang?


As for me I conclude

It’s not the geniuses but Genesis

Unless of course, in evolution,

There’s something I’ve missed.

 

An empty vessel makes most noise

The winner here is Big Bang

But on the word of the Creator

Time, space and heaven hang.

 

Everybody is a genius : The DONG-A ILBO

 

Not geniuses but Genesis:

At this point I rest my case

And here I definitively stand

By my God-given faith.

 

Stewart Russell © May 27, 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment