Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Three Facts Worth Considering

 

New episodes of KLM's podcast “The Journey” - KLM Blog

 

"I came with nothing

Fell for something

And leave with everything"

 

What grabs your mind as you read the above?

I will tell you what grabs mine.

I see a beginning and a journey that follows

And it’s not just a mere passing of time.

 

I came with nothing, that’s how we all came

We came naked in to this world.

Defenseless, vulnerable and dependent

But to our mothers an adorable pearl.

William Shakespeare quote: All the world's a stage, and all the men and...  

Through many stages we have come

According to the Shakespearian model,

Blundering, stumbling and sometimes falling

With many a joy but so too the trouble.

 

“Man that is born of a woman,” so said Job,

“Is of a few days and full of trouble.”

No wonder the heights to which we climb

Are like the proverbial bubble.

 

We fall for many a trick and ruse

Self-fulfillment the order of the day,

We search and search for that pearl in the clam

 Near it appears yet still at bay.

 

Such was my experience as I journeyed along

Falling for much that didn’t matter,

Bemused, mystified and gullible as ever

Led astray by rhetoric and empty chatter.

 

Keep Yourselves in the Love of Christ – Welcome to Calvary Missionary  Baptist Church!

 

At the end of my tether I fell for something

That has meant the world to me,

The love of Christ now fills my heart

Like a bird on the wing I now am free.

 

Having arrived I am destined to leave,

This life will not last forever,

But when I leave I will have everything

For I have found the greatest treasure.

 

I now have Christ, my Saviour and Lord

He’s the treasure I can never lose,

While with nothing I came, I fell for something

And hence I leave with everything.

 

Stewart Russell © February 2020

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment