Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Lincoln Harris My Friend

 

4. What Does It Mean To Be Born Again? - The Oneness Of God In Christ

 

Saved by grace, saved by grace,

Lincoln Harris was saved by grace,

Thus, he has gone to be with his Saviour

Having completed his earthly race.

 


Lincoln, Stephen and Beverley,

What’s common about these three?

They are friends of mine only recently deceased

And have had a huge influence on me.

 

  

Another trio comes to my mind

That includes Lincoln Harris again:

Lincoln, Mark and Daniel:

In electronics they made their name.

 

It is here I single out Lincoln

It is here Lincoln became my friend

And it is only after he migrated to Cayman

That our constant meeting would end.

 

School: St Giles Primary School nearby Bridgetown in Barbados: 0 reviews,  address, website - Maps.me

 

In the vicinity where I taught

I frequented two repair shops:

One was Olliver Webster’s motor mechanics

And Lincoln et al operated at this spot.

 

They all became my friends

And catered to all my repair needs

But Lincoln and Olliver went beyond

And both became friends indeed.

 

There were many and long conversations

From politics to sports and of life,

And at those times we disagreed

It was always without strife.

 

Lincoln’s main area was football

And about this game he knew a lot,

He had even played for a local team

Which was not far from the top.

 

How many goals he scored I do not know

Or even if he scored at all,

What I do know is he gave it his best

And seldom below this would he fall.

 

Lincoln was committed to what he did

He did so by lip and walk

And I can categorically state,

His walk had matched his talk.

 

He was by no means a hypocrite

But he was who he appeared to be,

This to my mind was Lincoln’s hallmark

And it was never difficult to see.

 

4. What Does It Mean To Be Born Again? - The Oneness Of God In Christ

 

One of the things that thrilled me

Was when he became a “born-again”,

Of course, we know that when Jesus comes in

There is an obvious change.

 

Such was the case with Lincoln

From all the reports I had received,

It appears he grew by leaps and bounds

And these reports I believe.

 

He even reached out more to people

And no doubt especially to the young,

And he did this with the backing of church

And this helped to make him strong.

 

I am still very grieved at his passing

As I am for my other two friends

But I am assured by our blessed Saviour

That death is not the end.

 

This for me is a great consolation,

It brings comfort to my soul

To know that my friend, Lincoln Harris,

Is forever within Christ’s fold.

 

For having said yes to the Saviour

He is now and forever secure

And I believe we have that assurance

That we will meet on the golden shore.

 

Thanks to the blessed Trinity

For having given to us Lincoln

And praise and glory to Almighty God

For our eventual heavenly welcome!

 

I thank God for the wife He gave him

She too has become my friend,

I convey to her and the family deepest sympathy

From my wife and family at this end.

 

Stewart Russell © January 22, 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment