Tuesday, February 01, 2022

My Secret

 

Emoticon keeping secret

 

I have a secret to tell

Just between the two of us,

If my wife should ever find out

She would create a fuss.

 

I hope I can trust you

And you won’t betray my trust,

I must tell it to someone

Believe you me, I must.

 

I am having second thoughts

I should keep it to myself,

Because if it ever gets out

It won’t be good for my health.

 

I beg, please promise me

That you won’t betray my trust,

Not another soul can know,

Promise, please, you must!

New Uses for Duct Tape - Surprising Uses for Duct Tape

Please do not be careless,

Not even in your sleep,

From here on tape your mouth

So you do not speak.

 

If anyone should ask why

Tell them that’s your secret,

Tell them you made a promise

And a promise is a debt.

 

And if they are not satisfied

Just ask for an excuse,

However hard they push you

You must adamantly refuse.

 

So, will you promise me

That you will keep my secret?

If you do I will be happy

And my wife will not be vexed.

 

Secret Talk Clip Art - Royalty Free - GoGraph

 

And now for the secret…

Having second thoughts again,

Can I really trust you?

Are you my true-true friend?

 

Two tensions are at play,

I will tell you what they are:

I feel compelled to tell you

But I don’t know who you are.

 

Hence, I am in a quandary

Whether to continue or stop,

Right now, I am so fearful,

I am just rivetted to the spot.

 

I’ve a request to ask of you

Since I do not know you well,

Reply before I finish this poem

And my secret to you I’ll tell.

 

I will stop for the time being

To await your reply,

So, if you do not hear from me

You will know the reason why.

 

Secret Talk Clip Art - Royalty Free - GoGraph

 

No doubt you will tell,

My secret you did not hear,

I almost told you what it is,

Yes! I came very, very near!

 

Those who know, know,

And I am the only one,

I don’t recall seeing your response

So, you know what?  I am gone!

 

Stewart Russell © February 1, 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment