Monday, February 21, 2022

Death

 

Terminating your care – The £600 million hole in the health budget –  Slugger O'Toole

 

I am intrigued about death

Of course, not my own,

I think about it most often

Especially when I am alone.

 

I think about it at night

Much more than in the day

And note even over Christians

It still holds sway.

 

I examine its prevalence

And it appears more often at night,

Your experience might be different

Mine doesn’t have to be right.

 

Now Is the Perfect Time to Ask Yourself: How Am I Doing?

 

Death is distinct from dying

Let us not confuse the two

One you will never experience

But the other one you do.

 

I am not talking nonsense

Just think of what I have said,

One will never experience death

Surely not if he is dead.

 

Experiences end at death

Whether one is a Christian or not,

It is one hundred percent effective

In bringing this life to a stop.

 

We speculate about after

And that is the best we can do

But into the immediate afterlife

We are short on that preview.

 

The little that has been given

Causes much debate

And this indicates uncertainty

About the dead’s immediate state.

 

On Death and Dying: Death and Life Connection-Coastal Carolina OB/GYN

 

Dying is different from death

A person can know he is dying

And some in quest of a little more time

May even appear to be trying.

 

I am not intrigued with dying

And would rather not be conscious,

To die in my sleep is a good way to go

I consider that rather precious.

 

The challenge is for those that remain

Especially if they didn’t expect it,

What a peaceful way to pass away!

What a wonderful peaceful exit!

 

Stewart Russell © November 2019

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment