Friday, August 13, 2021

The “I” Man & the Christ Man

 


Not I, But Christ - YouTube

 

The “I” man and the Christ man

Are so very different,

One is walking with the Lord

The other on mischief bent.

 

One has been sentenced to death

The other has found eternal life,

Christ fills one’s life with loveliness

The other is full of strife.

 

One is passed from darkness to light

The other in darkness still,

To one is imputed Christ’s perfection

Revealed as the Father wills.

 

One is a stranger to the truth

The other is truth to the stranger,

One is in sync with life’s Creator

The other with the Creator differs.

Freed Through Faith | Fairview Baptist Church 

For all, the cross was instituted

On it Christ’s blood was poured out,

The sin of the “I” man was for forgiven

When to Christ he turned about.

 

The cross stands as a testament

To the one that is born again,

But as an implement of judgment

To the one who from Christ refrains.

 

For in the Adamic nature

We were born and walked therein

But Christ bent the “I” to “C”

When he liberated us from our sin.

MESSAGES — North Lanier 

So that the Christ man is now free

He is no longer “I” but Christ

And though he is at home in his body

The Spirit is all that suffice.

 

Dead in trespasses and sin

Is the present state of the “I” man

But sitting with Christ in heavenly places

The Christ man is held by God’s hand.

 

The “I” man and the Christ man

Which one at this time are you?

Are you the renewed Christ man?

Or are you still of the “I” man’s view?

 

Stewart Russell © January 2019

 

No comments:

Post a Comment