Monday, August 23, 2021

A Poor Rich Man

 

Revelation 3:17 | Daily Bible Study Blog

 

 

Hurtling down the highway

I landed in one of the ditches,

There I was without a cent

Though I had great riches.

 

I thought of my good fortune

As I sped along the road,

Everything was easy street

Not a single heavy load.

 

My parents were well off

And I had built a lot on that

So that money was no problem

With me there was no lack.

 

I had recently bought the car

Probably the fourth that year,

Altogether there were six

More than enough to spare.

 

Scientists Find A Key To Happiness Is Driving A Fast Car!

 

I was trying it out

For it had great speed,

I was way above the speed limit

When there was no need.

 

Unable to make the bend

It slid right off the road

Into a watery ditch,

I had lost control

 

I was not badly injured

But I was trapped within my car

And where the car had finally landed

From the road it was quite far.

 

I yelled at the top of my voice

But I knew no one would hear,

Night was closing in fast

And that’s when I began to fear.

 

There I was with my riches

But on me I had no money,

It was just a short journey

So I hadn’t left home with any.

 

Money Isnt Everything Quotes. QuotesGram

 

I was forced to learn than instant

That money was not all,

Here I was in trouble

And there was no one to call.

 

At that very moment

It was like being without a cent,

Poor rich man came to mind

Then I knew what that meant.

 

There are troubles in this life

That money cannot assuage,

A friend in need is surely one

That’s when I came of age.

 

By what means I do not know

How he came to know my plight

But piercing through the darkness

I saw a radiant light.

 

In minutes I was rescued

And the car was towed away,

My life was changed forever

From that very day.

 

I did not even know the man

That finally came to my aid,

It was he who called the wrecker

And he didn’t want to be paid.

 

The Realistic Indian: Sometimes money isn't everything

I told him I was rich

And he could name his price,

He said that money was not all

And he was happy to be nice.

 

I never saw him again

I wouldn’t even know if I had

But what he shared with me that night

Still makes my heart quite glad.

 

I haven’t thrown away my money

In fact I’m still quite rich

But thank God I have been rescued

From a far more dangerous ditch.

 

Action required - Join Our Journey

 

I speak of the ditch of sin

That is just off life’s highway

Awaiting the unsuspecting traveller

That has gone astray.

 

If you are in such a ditch

God has a rescue team,

Just call the blessed Trinity

They are always on the scene.

 

The Father, the Son and Spirit

Are listening for your call,

They are always on hand to help you

Once you’re conscious of your fall.

 

So many things get in the way

As you go hurtling along,

It could be money or even status

Or the fact that you are young.

What Is Sin? | Yet Not I, But Christ

Let none of these distractions

Come between God and your soul

For He is the only one

That can make you completely whole.

 

Come to Him today

If you are a poor rich man,

Accept His offer of eternal life

And claim salvation’s plan.

 

Stewart Russell © July 2018

 

No comments:

Post a Comment