Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Suspicion


Suspicion Stock Illustrations – 2,471 Suspicion Stock Illustrations,  Vectors & Clipart - Dreamstime 

There is something about him

That I just don’t like

I can’t put my finger on it

But it will come to light.

 

There’s something about her too

That troubles my spirit

I can’t tell you what it is

 But something just doesn’t fit.

 

We just didn’t set horses

From the first time we met

And you know what they say

What you see is what you get.

 

But there is more in the mortar

Than just the pestle

 And with this peculiar feeling

Day and night I wrestle.

Suspicion Stock Illustrations – 2,471 Suspicion Stock Illustrations,  Vectors & Clipart - Dreamstime

I would never trust them

My feelings are never wrong

Except for the few times

The feelings weren’t strong.

 

At most suspicion can kill you

Or at least rob you of sleep,

It causes discomfort

When you and that person meet.

Suspicion Word Stock Illustrations – 171 Suspicion Word Stock  Illustrations, Vectors & Clipart - Dreamstime

A potential relationship

Is not allowed to blossom

All because you are habouring

An unfounded suspicion.

 

It has happened to me

 Though I was on the receiving end

Yet I took the first step

And now that person is my friend.

 

A great relationship has developed

That would not have been

If I had not swallowed my pride

And had not intervened.

 

Philosophy Tuesday – Lynx Thoughts

 

So don’t be too quick to judge

Without solid evidence,

Give another the benefit of the doubt

And don’t let it be an offense.

 

Stewart Russell (c) May 2018

 

No comments:

Post a Comment