Monday, August 09, 2021

Just Like That

 


Premium Photo | Colorful dramatic sky with cloud at sunset.sky with sun  background

 

In a moment

In the twinkling of an eye

No time to prepare

Oh me, oh my!

 

I had a chance,

In fact, many a chance

But I blew every one

Now I can’t advance.

 

Many a message

About Jesus’ return,

I never doubt them

But each I spurned.

 

Premium Photo | Colorful dramatic sky with cloud at sunset.sky with sun  background

 

I thought,

No, I didn’t think

It would be just like that-

Quicker than a wink!

 

At a precise time

I didn’t give it a thought

Jesus returned

Now I am so distraught.

 

No church for me

Not with those hypocrites,

I was just content

To be a critic.

 

I was there

Or just there about,

That was enough for me

Now I am left out.

 

Premium Photo | Colorful dramatic sky with cloud at sunset.sky with sun  background

 

I gambled on time

And time ran out

And of the fact I lost

There is no doubt.

 

Just like that

The end of the line

And this rejecter

Has been left behind.

 

Premium Photo | Colorful dramatic sky with cloud at sunset.sky with sun  background

 

And what is worse is,

I believed the Word

But I never mixed faith

With what I had heard.

 

Head belief alone,

Didn’t reach my heart

And as a result

I never made a start.

 

So near yet so far

I assumed and presumed,

The Saviour returned

Now I am doomed.

 

Clearly my friend

This event has not occurred,

You have a chance

Do not be deterred. 


Premium Photo | Colorful dramatic sky with cloud at sunset.sky with sun  background

 

Take Jesus now

Before he returns,

Benefit from the lesson

That you have just learned.

 

There is a timeline

And this event is a fact,

Jesus will return

Just like that!

 

Stewart Russell © January 2019

 

No comments:

Post a Comment