Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Who’s Right?

 

The Word of God - Heirs of the Father

Your right and my right

Cannot be right at any time,

Neither of the two is right

Neither yours or mine.

 

I know you are puzzled

By what I propose

But stop a minute, please,

And let you and me diagnose.

 

Notice what I said:

I said your right and mine

Not rights, please note,

At least, not at this time.

 

I make a proposition

And you oppose

And both argue our right

As though he alone knows.

 

Possession becomes the focus

As though we own the right,

“I am right and you are wrong,”

It becomes a verbal fight.

 

The Word of God - Heirs of the Father

 

No one has the right

To own the right,

It’s a benchmark outside of us

To point us to the right.

 

So that when I become obsessed

As though it is my right,

It is at that time

I lose sight of the true light.

 

Often, we approach someone

That we deem should know,

“Would you please stop a while

And your view to us show?”

 

Enter right number three,

It’s more complex than before

And the asking goes on and on

Until someone closes the door.

 

One convinced against his opinion

Holds the same opinion still

So that when think you’ve won

It’s a misleading thrill.

 

No one owns the right

The right he cannot create

Even though in appearance

This is happening here of late.

 

I guess it’s really because

We confuse it with our rights

And so, we feel we have the right

To determine what is right.

 

There is a right and left,

There is a right and wrong,

The second is my focus,

Please don’t get me wrong.

 

The Word of God - Heirs of the Father

 

The Bible is the benchmark

And who abides within is right,

It is God’s Holy Word

And the only true light.

 

All else is darkness

Regardless of whosoever's right,

If it has no base within the Word

Then that one is without sight.

 

The next time you argue

Remember, it is not your right,

Not your right or my right

But what God says is right.

 

Stewart Russell © March 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment