Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Understanding All

 


All Dergisi | Senin Stil ve Alışveriş Arkadaşın

All is an interesting word

That we all confuse,

So much so, I must say

That I am often amused.

 

The word all is puzzling

If you see what I mean,

It has different meanings

That it is what I glean.

 

If it is something I want

All is understood,

But if I must give up all

That is not so good.

 

So that all is defined

Re giving and receiving

And means different things

In our everyday dealings.

 

It is very unreasonable

When I cannot have all,

But it is small mindedness

When the all is your call. 


Why You Should Stop Being Stingy With Your Selfishness

 

All and selfishness

Go hand in hand

So that in relation to self

We can all understand.

 

To give all is difficult

But to receive all, not so,

On one hand, all is my friend

On the other, all is my foe.

 

Jesus gave up all

And that all we appreciate,

But the all he expects of us

We continually berate.

 

Jesus is so unreasonable

To expect all from me,

And besides, I am human

I am sure he can see.

 

It is not as easy, you see,

When required to give all

As it is in receiving

When that all is our call.

 

Please note!

 

We have a difficulty

Understanding all

But God has

All understanding.

 

Stewart Russell © October 2019

 

No comments:

Post a Comment