Monday, July 26, 2021

My Household

 


 

My Household is now three

My daughter got up and left,

She found a man who married her

And now she feels at rest.

 

My son, my wife and me:

That’s the three that remain,

My son can stay as long as he likes;

On me he is no strain.

 

 

And besides, wifey is happy

To have two men around

Especially since the older man

Could soon be getting down.

 

He is pretty close to 70 now:

Considered a ripe old age,

No doubt she will need some help

To help him at that stage.

 

Already he is showing signs

That senior citizens display,

But they love and have much fun

Believing that is his way.

 

  

My wife, on the other hand,

She is pretty much like before,

She keeps very close tabs on me

Especially if I go near the door.

 

Old people do walk away

And then they become lost

So, my wife is taking no chances;

She protects me at all cost.

 

She is rarely not with me

Be it at home or on the road,

And if I am without her for too long

She always sends a code.

 

My son: he goes and comes

He is as free as a honey bee

But me, the older that I become

The less I can be free.

 


Wifey has some challenges

Mostly of a physical nature,

I am not one as you are thinking-

I trust you get the picture.

 

Old age pains, I assume

Since she too is getting old,

So, not to cause her anymore stress

I plan to do as I am told.

 

My son has a balding patch

At just thirty-eight years of age

I could still boast a full head of hair

Throughout my thirties stage.

 

Into my forties and fifties

No balding patch had I,

Check my photos for around that time

And you’d never say I lie.

 

It would be hard to find one

Showing the back of my head

But you know you could trust me

And take me at what I said.

 

  

Yes, once a household of four

Now a household of three

With an extra room I can sleep in

If wifey wants to be rid of me.

 

In the meantime, I give praise,

Praise and thanks to God

For all the blessings He’s given me

And because He is my all in all.

 

Stewart Russell © June 1, 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment