Friday, July 23, 2021

We Live What We Believe

 


Introduction to the Worldview Dimension of Gaia Education's course in  'Design for Sustainability' | by Daniel Christian Wahl | Age of Awareness |  Medium

We live what we believe

That is my view,

Stay with me a moment

Let me prove that to you.

 

Two main Worldviews:

I guess by now you know,

Creationists and Evolutionists

At times, a little mixture or so.

 

The issue of accountability

Is in the human domain,

Animals don’t regard this

My friend, do not be insane.

Disney's New 'Lion King' Is the VR-Fueled Future of Cinema | WIRED 

Animals move instinctively

It’s the survival of the fittest,

They kill only when threatened

With humans it’s not like this.

 

Let us look a little

At the idea of selfishness:

“Of all my mother’s children

I like myself the best.”

 

Number one is the “I”

All the rest line up behind,

It is me and my important others

Understand we are one of a kind.

Introduction to the Worldview Dimension of Gaia Education's course in  'Design for Sustainability' | by Daniel Christian Wahl | Age of Awareness |  Medium

It is down to my worldview

To which position I hold dear,

My belief determines my living

My goal is to make that clear.

 

If I believe I came by chance

Then chances are I’ll do anything,

Life is for living and merriment

By George, let me have my fling.

 

Let’s eat drink and be merry

For tomorrow we die,

Death beckons; that’s the end.

With Death we must comply.

 

You are fortunate to be here

Considering it’s by blind chance

So do all that you can do

To make Number One advance.

 

No accountability after this life

At the last breath that’s the end,

So end it if it gets too hard

There’s no hell to which to descend.

 

No judgment to anticipate

For after all there is no God,

Nothing and no one to fear

For the grim reaper ends it all.

 

But that is only one side

There is another side to consider,

If there’s an afterlife to come

Then death does not truly deliver.

 

If I am accountable to Someone

For the way I live this life

This would influence my behavior

To abstain from evil and strife.

Google has built a machine learning model that can decide if images are  pleasing to the human eye - SiliconANGLE 

Hence the one that believes in God

Lives the life that God dictates,

By faith he comes to know the Christ

And his former life forsakes.

 

His standing is in Christ’s perfection

Though his state is one of progress,

He stands on the account of Jesus

And God’s word to this attests.

 

Not in the righteousness of the law

But in the righteousness of Christ:

Such righteousness he avails to us

Through his redeeming sacrifice.

Ye Must be Born Again" – No Other Foundation 

The life of the born-again

Conforms to the image of Christ,

He practises what he believes

Though his good works don’t suffice.

 

It’s not his works that saves him

But these works are the result

Of God’s glorious salvation

And not to be confused with a cult.

 

So we live out what we believe

I hope this clearly came out

And even those who don’t believe

Practise such without a doubt.

 

Stewart Russell © January 2019

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment