Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Which Me


Would imgur be interested in hearing stories about living with MPD ...  

I woke in the middle of the night
All sleep gone from my eyes,
I started to do some thinking
And up came surprise after surprise.

I became fully alert
To a life of sham and lies
As to my horror I was stripped
Of disguise after disguise.

It can become quite amazing
When we discover who we are,
Not one or two or three persons
But sometimes more by far.

Would imgur be interested in hearing stories about living with MPD ...

It is just like theatre
Or better still, Hollywood
Where at different times we showcase
The indifferent, the bad and the good.

Always seemingly on a stage
We are seldom being ourselves
But projecting some other person
We find on our library shelves.

Too petrified to be me
Ordinary, simplistic me,
I would rather be someone else
Like a genuine “wannabe”.

Yes, like an original counterfeit
Talented and unique,
Not an old piece of furniture
But more like a modern antique.

Would imgur be interested in hearing stories about living with MPD ...

Not who I was yesterday
Or even the day before,
But by constantly reinventing myself
I won’t become a bore.

So that when it is required
For the real me to stand
I can draw from several personalities
That can meet your demand.

I can be “all things to all people”
To satisfy my greed,
Sorry about that little slip up
I really meant my need.

Top 10 Dissociative Identity Disorder Movies (Multiple Personality)

It is a Hollywood experience
And tantalizingly so,
When I can choose from so many fakes
To put the real me on show.

So from my repertoire of me
Which me do you want to see?
I have with me a great selection
Each one, a genuine “wannabe”.

4 Warning Stamp Vector (PNG Transparent, SVG) | OnlyGFX.com

Be careful the me you choose
It may not be me,
It may be someone else
Just pretending to be me.

Stewart Russell © September 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment