Sunday, May 10, 2020

Happy Mother's Day!



Happy Mother's Day! | Happy mother day quotes, Happy mothers day ...  
To fathers and mothers
And to their children too,
I guess by now that you know
This means to both me and you.

If you are not a mother or father
You must be a child
And if you are an orphan like me,
Both parents would have died.

It is my first Mother’s Day
Since my mother has left
She had had enough of me
And so, she took her rest.

 

I miss her like crazy
And I miss my father also
But thank God they didn’t go together
But, I guess you know.

An old man once told me
There are two reasons for everything,
At the time he was ninety-three
And in my head, this still rings.

One was primary
While the other was secondary
And when we mix up the two reasons
It’s a recipe for misery.

He said for example:
We should eat to live,
Not the other way around
Which is living to eat.

Moving Towards Better Nutrition - GHWCC

The primary reason for food
He said, is nutrition,
Pleasure is the secondary reason
And we must not change its position.

When we do, it causes trouble:
Like heart attacks and strokes
And I dare say to you, my friend,
Not only with the older folks.

Back to Mother's day, however,
For its two main reasons,
Listen carefully, I admonish,
Particularly at this season.

The primary reason for Mother's Day
Is about the family,
The secondary reason is about mothers,
I trust you agree.

Let’s change them back
Since I think we have them wrong
And cause family to grow
For it needs to be made strong.

Mother's Day and Father's Day
Must be about family
And so, as we celebrate Mother's Day
Please spare a thought for me.

Happy Mother's Day! | Happy mother day quotes, Happy mothers day ...
Happy Mother's Day to everyone
To mothers and fathers and children too.
A shout-out to family in a gigantic way,
Be happy everyone on this wonderful day!

Stewart Russell © May 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment