Friday, March 16, 2018

Partial Pothole Patching


Image result for images for potholes in Barbados 

I know we complain a lot
And often with just reason
But for a long time now
We’ve endured pothole season.

We know that they are many
There are all over the place,
I have seen no favouritism
No not even a political trace.

There are close to big-up places
On the ABC highway as well,
Even VIP’s are suffering
As I have heard a few of them tell.

But perhaps someone is saying
“Tell us something new,
Enough of the pothole problem
Enough of the pothole blues.”

Image result for images for potholes in Barbados 

At least they’re trying to patch them
Let’s give them a chance
And if you can’t handle it
Take a trip to France.

Perhaps then you’ll appreciate
What we have ‘bout here,
Barbados is not the worst
Of that you should have no fear.

Some are too critical
And they never see the gains,
They complain when it’s sunny
And they fret up about the rain.

There is no pleasing them
Because they are too fretful,
Regardless of how good it gets
They will still be miserable.”

Please, please, give me a break,
Potholes is not my issue,
Just stop passing judgment
And with you I’ll share my view.
  
I have noticed here of lately
An interesting phenomenon,
It is how the road works people
Treat to the pothole problem.

Image result for images for potholes in Barbados 

I can see some effort
For that I give them praise
But there is a peculiar matter
That I cannot help but raise.

You are driving along a road
And it’s relatively smooth
Then all of a sudden
The car drops into a groove.

Image result for images for potholes in Barbados    

You notice the holes are patched
Except for one or two,
Do not tell me it’s an oversight
Its size must bring it into view.

This is a regular occurrence
Like there’s a special purpose,
The only one I can see, however
Is that we like to hear a fuss.

This partial pothole patching
Is certainly something new,
I have never seen it like this before
And I know you know that too.

Next time you drop in a hole
Stop and check around you
And if you see the road is patched
You’ll see what I said is true.


Stewart Russell © March 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment