Monday, March 05, 2018

My Challenge





I have a little challenge
Concerning two months of the year,
One is the month of February
Immediately the next month appears.

You see I was born in February
It’s the love month of the year
But immediately thereafter
The month of my love is here.

Based on the month I named
I’m sure you know the next,
If I choose the former over the latter
I know my love won’t be vexed.

That is not really my challenge
For my challenge is with me
I love this girl so very much
To me it’s a mystery.

People see their birth month
As the best month of the year
But the fact of my wife’s birth month
For me makes that unclear.


You see for me it’s a toss up
Based on the love of my life
But March may inch ahead
Having produced my lovely wife.

How mushy-mushy can that be?
It’s not mushy-mushy at all,
 I just absolutely adore her
Since a “bread shop night”, I recall.

That shall remain with the witnesses
One of whom is now deceased,
The fact of the matter is
My love for Lyn has increased.


She means so much to me
Though often I do not show it
But after thirty-six and a half years
I do not intend to quit.
  
March edges February out
Though not by a long shot,
April and May are next
Our children’s births are in these slots.

Of these four months of the year
February, March, April and May
My wife and I share the first two
Next Michael and Lynelle in that way.

Maybe my challenge is not a challenge
If by now you catch my drift
And all that’s left to be said is
Happy birthday, Lyn, it's March 5th.

Stewart Russell © March 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment