Tuesday, August 01, 2017

My Surprise Package



 

That day I set my eyes on you
I knew yours was a love that’s true
And after thirty-six wonderful years
I am still glad I said, “I do.”

We are growing young together
Though I am a few years up ahead
And if I ever had to do it over,
You’d be the one that I would wed.

You mean so much to me
A dictionary of words cannot explain
But in this poetic expression
Three words express my heart again.


In this poem they are clearly stated
Even the blind should actually see,
Lynette, it’s you I am talking about,
You’re what love really means to me.

Thirty-six years ago we said, “I do.”
From that day we meant every word,
Perhaps I’ve faltered more than you
But I wouldn’t trade you for the world.

Image result for images of a surprise package

I am not the world’s greatest romantic
It’s not a goal I would ever pursue
But this I know, my surprise package
I’d go to the ends of the world for you.

Today I wish you happy anniversary
And pray to God for fifty more
And that every time you read this poem
You’d see you’re the woman that I adore.

Stewart Russell © August 1, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment