Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Understandable Misunderstanding

 

Understanding misunderstandings

 

Some misunderstandings are outrageous

Some are relatively mild,

Some are a complete waste of time

But take up quite a while.

 

Some are understandable

Though peculiarly not understood

But these should in no way, I contend

Cause any bad blood.

 

Peculiar in the sense that

That they are easily resolvable,

Misunderstandings, nevertheless,

But nothing irritable.

 

An understandable misunderstanding

Presents no cause for worry,

Though oxymoronic in its definition

We can all agree.

 

If I said something to you

And you heard it differently

That’s an understandable misunderstanding,

I trust you can see.

 

What's the best way to clear a misunderstanding for once and for all? -  Quora

 

It can get out of hand, though,

Depending on the parties

And a lot of stemming can go down

Causing much anxiety.

 

People often hear me say

Things that I surely did not say

And they are adamant that I said such

But I guess that that’s their way.

 

Like for example, I said 46

But for some reason they heard 64

Whereby an argument ensues

And they become intensely sore.

 

An understandable misunderstanding

That is what I mean,

It is not irreconcilable

As some people may deem.

 

Some people get hot under the collar

When they are misunderstood,

Of course, if they are hypertensive

This is surely not good.

 

So, before you go off the deep end,

Ask yourself, is it worth it

To rant and rave and argue

At the risk of your friendship.

 

An understandable misunderstanding:

It can be easily cleared up,

“I didn’t quite get what you said,”

No need to get stuck in a rut.

 

100+Latest] Misunderstanding quotes & Sayings - Caption Store

 

I have an elderly friend

To whom I often concede,

It is not about being wrong or right

But more about what she believes.

 

She no doubt believes she is right

And I am the one that cannot recall

But I know with her I cannot win

So, I always take the fall.

 

Another case of the above:

Understandable misunderstanding,

Given her age and memory challenge

I’ll be the one to do the yielding.

 

It reduces the building of tension

And this is understandably so,

She can believe whatever she wants

But what I know, I know.

 

Quote: Clear up any misunderstanding before it gets to that point. -  CoolNSmart

 

Understandable misunderstandings

Need not get out of hand,

To clip it before it goes too far

Surely is a win-win plan.

 

Stewart Russell © April 8, 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment