Saturday, June 17, 2023

Help!

 

 Hey, Help me! – LINE stickers | LINE STORE

Help! Help!

The shepherd heard the call

It was his sheep calling out for help,

At once he turned in its direction

As his heart within him melt.

 

He had heard that call before

From that very same sheep,

It had wandered off from the fold

Looking for grass to eat.

 

There was plenty in the fold

But it had spied a luscious patch

And it was now in serious trouble

As a viper on to it latched.

 

Viper | snake | Britannica

 

It had been oblivious to the danger

When off in the night it sped,

Away from the fold of the shepherd

Even though it had been fed.

 

But the shepherd was ever vigilant

He knew that this would happen,

Thus ensuring the safety of the others

He was quickly into action.

 

He snatched that lamb from the viper

And began to heal its hurt,

Unlike the uncaring hireling

He didn’t leave it in the lurch.

 

A reprimand was not first on his list

Its rescue was top priority,

This should be a valuable lesson

To us all and individually.

 

We get so annoyed at a brother

Who has wandered from the way

That we reprimand him all day long

And forget that we too have strayed.

   

First must be the rescue mission

Then we welcome him back

Then if necessary, the reprimand

But, please, no unnecessary flack.

 

Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep

 

Bear in mind, that sheep was me

When I was in the devil’s hand,

I shouted for help and Jesus heard my cry

I was released at his command.

 

He didn’t ask what I was doing there

Or who who messed up my view,

He simply did what he does best

That is to effect a rescue.

 

Satan had no choice but to release me

Once to the Shepherd I had cried,

His was a wonderful deliverance

And he is now working on my pride.

 

The Desperate Cry of a Lost Sheep - Kevin Williams | Desperate, The  shepherd, Christian theology

Help! Help! Can you hear that sheep?

That sheep that you criticized,

Help! Help! It could be me,

Just put your feelings aside.

 

Welcome him back to your arms today

Respond to his despairing cry,

Deprive the devil of his thieving catch

And a heart of compassion apply.

 

Stewart Russell © October 2019

 

No comments:

Post a Comment