Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Thinking of the Homeless

 


Justice: Homeless & Houseless Care — Bridgetown Church

 

I think more these days

Than I did at school,

By the way, I was a teacher

And thinking was the rule.

 

I was thinking today

Of the homeless on the street

That has nowhere to live

And no shoes upon his feet.

 

What does the police tell him

When the curfew is on?

Does he say go home

Or just simply be gone?

 

Tell me, my lawyer friend

Is that homeless one in any breach?

And, in what way can he be

If his home is on the street?

 

Were a fine to be required

Why should he have to pay it?

In any case he would not be able to

Since working is not his habit.

 

They could be imprisoned

Just to get them off the street

That would be a better lifestyle

And in some ways a treat.

 

Ongoing EPPO investigation into the acquisition of COVID-19 vaccines in the  EU | European Public Prosecutor's Office

 

And what of the vaccine?

Will they receive it too?

I’m just thinking that they should,

Tell me, don’t you?

 

Just thinking of the homeless

In this COVID environment,

For some, it’s the hand they are dealt

For others, it is their own bent.

 

Spare a thought for them

For they are people too

And they can spread the COVID virus

Just like me or like you.

 

So, to protect the homeless

Is to safeguard yourself,

I am just thinking that if we do this

We will protect our health.

 

Stewart Russell © March 2, 2021

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment