Wednesday, October 19, 2022

The Future’s in the Bag

 

$50 Hamper at Massy Stores - RePLAST OECS

I walked into a supermarket

And I saw these words:

“The Future’s in the Bag”

And I thought, “How absurd!”

 

Ads can be so silly

I am sure you would agree

But often there is more there

Than we actually see.

 

Like this Ad for example:

“The Future’s in the Bag”

Not terribly encouraging I’d say,

It’s more like a gag.

 

It offers a promising future

But the bag is empty,

Nothing much in the future

Not a great expectancy!

 

It is a supermarket bag

In case you did not bring one

But you have to purchase it;

Such freeness is gone.

 

There are cheap ones to buy

But this one is much stronger

So, I guess, as you’d expect,

It would last much longer.

 

“The future is in this bag”

But that you must purchase too

For there is nothing in the bag

For neither me nor you.

 

What a future to anticipate

If it is already in a bag!

It is a rather peculiar AD, my friend,

Tell me, of what do they brag?

 

Stewart Russell © September 10, 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment