Friday, October 14, 2022

A Sucker for Punishment

 

Five Tips to Prevent Car Dealers From Getting Conned | WardsAuto

 

Here is a thought

Just a thought,

Feeling distraught

Over something I bought.

 

It was at a price

A very steep price,

I’m not feeling nice

Given my sacrifice.

 

It worked a while

A very short while,

I detected some guile

But it had style.

 

My money is gone

Definitely gone,

Another gullible one

A losing pawn.

 

So, I am sad

Feeling really sad,

I followed the fad

And that was bad.

 

Would I do it again?

No never again!

After the pain?

Are you insane?

 

I’ve said that before

Oft times before,

About a score

Probably more.

 

Would I do it again?

You ask that again?

I must hold strain

Though I am so vain.

 

I will probably give in

Many times, done in,

It’s my besetting sin

And I will never win.

 

Lean On JESUS | Janesville Apostolic Ministries

 

Not under my steam

Not enough steam,

I must come clean

And on Jesus lean.

 

He is unlimited support

Genuine support,

An unfailing report

But I must comport.

 

Until the next time

The very next time,

Hope in Jesus find

To handle the daily grind.

 

Stewart Russell © June 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment