Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Promising Promising

 

Met office issues another Sahara dust alert - Barbados Today | Barbados,  Office issues, Sahara

 

Promising, promising

But never delivering:

I mean the weather these days,

So much like politicians

And well, frauds too,

In their uniquely promising ways.

 

Often the sky is dark

With pregnant clouds

Apparently about to deliver,

But a little drip here

And a little drip there;

Not enough to bring a shiver.

 

Like some people I know

Who promise the world

And, with a very straight face,

But don’t hold your breath

And don’t tell a soul

Or you’ll likely be disgraced.

 

Excuses after excuses

You’d hear them offer

As though reading from a book,

All incredibly sound

And quite reasonable too

Here, just have a look. 

 

Yes, the sky is dark,

All over is overcast

It’ll definitely rain cats and dogs,

But just like before

It’s just drippy drip, no more,

These rain clouds must be frauds.

 

It happens in church too

When preachers make much ado

Promising a breakthrough

Only to be followed

By certain disillusionment

And more of the dismal view.

 

Billy Graham Quote: “Take one day at a time. Today, after all, is the  tomorrow you

 

That is why, you see,

I am determined to wait,

Just taking one day at a time,

If things work out, that’s fine

But if they don’t

I won’t lose my mind.

 

There are many promises

I know I can trust,

I find them in God’s Word,

They stand me in good stead

As I live here below

And go beyond this world.

 

The Holy Spirit is faithful

And so too, the Son,

As well as the Father above,

He goes beyond promising

Unlike these rain clouds

And showers us with His love.

 

Evidentiary so

As each day come and go

For new are his mercies always,

So, when man’s promises fall through

I will yet trust in my God

However dark may be the day.

 

Promising, promising

But never delivering:

I mean the weather these days,

But God is faithful

And He always delivers;

You too can trust His ways.

 

Stewart Russell © June 14, 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment