Sunday, June 26, 2022

Worried and Anxious?


2 Psychological Tricks That Will Help You Stop Worrying About Things You  Can't Control

 

Do you ever get worried?

Or, are you “too blessed to be stressed”?

Do you have anxious moments?

Or, nothing ever disturbs your rest?

 

“Nothing ever bothers me,” you say

But how about when something comes along?

We need not worry about nothing

But something is another song.

 

Some Christians never worry

Or, so they often say,

They put everything in God’s hand

And allow Him to have His way.

 

If you are one of these

Then you must be highly favoured,

Do share your strategy with me

So that I can ease my labour.

 

I have been working assiduously

To reach the stage that you are at

But no matter how hard I try

I get caught in the anxiety trap.

 

I am aware of the admonition

That is given in God’s Holy Word

But I still sometimes worry

As though I have never heard.

 

Does anyone ever reach that stage

Where from worry he’s completely free

Or, is anxiety a part of our nature

Innately built in to you and me?


I recall the Psalmist David

Speaking to this particular care

When in Psalm 56 and verse 3

He says at what time I have fear.

 

Of course he didn’t just stop there

But added, “I will trust in Thee.”

So the point I am trying to make

Is at least he had some worry.

 

It didn’t get the better of him

For he knew to whom he could turn

And did exactly that in his time of fear

Having from his experiences learned.

 

So it would appear to me

There are times when we do feel stressed,

We don’t have to pretend about it

But remember that God knows best.

 

It is not that He is the cause

Why we cannot rest as we should

But what men may mean to us for evil

God is able to work for our good.

 

As believers we are not stressed free

Or completely immune to worry

But like the Psalmist, trusting in God

Is how we manage our anxiety.

 

So be straight up with all who ask

Concerning our your troubled mind,

When you are bothered in your spirit

The more towards God incline.

 

Treat your worry like temptation

And put it in God’s dear hand,

Do not yield to its embrace

But like the faithful take a stand.

 

Too blessed to be stressed? Not really

But too fortified to stay under,

For God will raise me up

And upon that fact I shall ponder.

 

He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world

 

Greater is He that is in us

Than all the armies of the world,

And though worry and stress may attack us

We are fortified by God’s word.

 

So take heart when these foes assail you,

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,

Lay hold on His amazing grace

And on His promise never to depart.

 

Stewart Russell © 2017

 


No comments:

Post a Comment